Hello friends! today i’m back with one more article on Important Telangana Festivals For TSPSC Groups, SI and Constable Exam | Telangana Festivals MCQ’s. This is one of the important from exam point of view because Telangana the 29th state of India which emerged on 2nd June 2014 has rich culture, heritage and festivals. As you are preparing for competitive exams in Telangana such as Group 1, Group 2, SI or Constable then you need to have complete knowledge of festivals celebrated in Telangana and the months in which they are celebrated. I have collected some important bits regarding all the festivals.
Important Telangana Festivals For TSPSC Groups, SI and Constable Exam | Telangana Festivals MCQ’s | Telangana Festival Bits
- Telangana government has declared Bonalu as a state festival in 2014 to be celebrated on June 16
- Samakka Saraka Jatara also known as Medaram is held in Warangal for every two years
- Edupayala Jatara is in Nagasanipalli
- Hartalika is a festival celebrated before Ganesh Chaturthi
- Teej Festival is celebrated for 9 days by tribal people after sowing seeds in the rainy season
- Pedhagattu Jatara is celebrated in Nalgonda district
- Nagoba Jatara in Keslapur of Adilabad district is celebrated by Tribals
Some Important Muslims Festivals Celebrated in Telangana with Pomp and gaiety
- Bakrid also known as Id-ul-Zuha is celebrated as last day of Islamic calender
- Ramzan also known as Id-Ul-Fitr is celebrated by fasting for 30 days and a special dish called Haleem is prepared in this season
- Muharram is also celebrated in remembrance of Prophet Mohammed
Telangana got separated from Andhra Pradesh because it had it’s own culture and traditions. The only thing common for Andhra and Telangana was Telugu language but there were no other similarities between the two states.
We all know that Telangana and Andhra were clubbed to form Andhra Pradesh by states reorganization commission based on language. But, Jawahar lal Nehru said this “This is a matrimonial alliance and they can take divorce when they wanted”
So, festivals and culture of Telangana are very important as Telangana nw has got it’s own recruitment board Telangana State Public service Commission (TSPSC) and Telangana Police Recruitment Board (TSLPRB). Telnagana culture was always neglected under united Andhra Pradesh.